Sunday, October 3, 2010

The 7th Standard and the Course Objectives

Honestly, at first glance the course objectives were something I skimmed through and then moved on from because of the sheer length of them at a time when I was busy perusing the rest of the syllabus. Now that I’ve had a chance to go back over them more thoroughly I see that they were very carefully thought out and match very well to the Michigan Professional Standards for technology. So far the standard and the objective that have impacted my teaching most immediately is the inclusion of technology into the lesson plans. This experiment with the two lesson plans has forced me to make a leap with my teaching style. The entire section centered on the blogging responses has also been a great guide for me as I tried to utilize this new skill in my own classroom. I used this as a guide for how I was going to run my blogging exercise with my students. They can be a challenge because of their behavior problems, but this has been a great experience so far with them.

Looking at the professional standards I feel that this class and these objectives have been a great start to diving into these standards that we should be holding ourselves to. It makes me feel good to know that the work we have been doing has been directly correlated to the standards I am held to as a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment